WAUKESHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team braved the cold conditions and had a very successful first meet of the 2018 Outdoor season, winning the Private College Championships Saturday. The Falcons were led by a trio of student-athletes who won events in Samual Spranger, Tim Zunker, and Gavin Falotico.
- Falcons Finish: 1st of 10 (107 points)
- Location: Carroll University – Waukesha, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Spranger (400); Zunker (Pole Vault); Falotico (Javelin)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Falotico, a 2017 All-American in the javelin, found himself in familiar territory on Saturday in winning his event. He landed a throw of 53.83 meters for the win as the Falcons went 1-2 in the javelin with Brandon Hargis placing second (46.22). Hargis finished the day with three top-five finishes, placing fifth in the shot put and adding a third-place result in the discus.
- Spranger won for a second straight week in the 400, this time sprinting past the field in a time of 49.55. In other sprinting events, Jake Roy posted a pair of top-five finishes, placing second in the 100 (11.6) and third in the 200 (22.82).
- The Falcons went 1-2 in the pole vault Saturday led by Zunker who cleared 3.65 meters for the win. Declan Harman cleared 3.35 meters and placed second in the event.
- Tyler Martinkus joined Falotico and Hargis in a solid day for the Falcons throwers. Martinkus placed fourth in the shot put with a throw of 12.21 meters.
- Elsewhere on the track, Silas Hasselbrook placed third in the 110-meter hurdles (16.26) while Craig Reese finished fourth in the 1,500-meter run (4:18.30).
- Brandon Wooden rounded out the Falcons top-five finishers on Saturday with a runner-up showing in the triple jump (12.14).
- Ryan Teigen (1,500) - 4:46.27
- The Falcons will head right back to Carroll next Saturday for the Carroll Invitational.
May 21, 2018 Spranger named USTFCCCA All-Region Honoree
May 17, 2018 UPDATE: Spranger qualifies for NCAA Championships!
April 21, 2018 Reese wins 5,000-meter run for Men's Track & Field Saturday
April 3, 2018 Spranger sprints to NACC Weekly Award
February 25, 2018 Johnson's school record guides Men's Track & Field at NACC Indoor Meet
February 21, 2018 Men's Track & Field to compete at NACC Championships Sunday
February 17, 2018 Spranger breaks 400 record for Men's Track & Field Saturday
February 10, 2018 Men's Track & Field led by sprinters at UW-Platteville meet
January 26, 2018 Reese sets 1,000-meter school record for Men's Track & Field
January 13, 2018 Men's Track & Field finishes second at Private College Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 2, 2017 Men's Track & Field places fourth in season-opening meet