KENOSHA, Wis. – Grant Johnson won the pole vault and broke his own school record in the process while Craig Reese posted a win in the 3,000-meter run to pace the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field Team at the NACC Indoor Championships Sunday. The Falcons finished third as a team, a result they have now had for five straight seasons.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 9 (84 points)
- Location: Tarble Athletic Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Johnson (Pole Vault); Reese (3,000)
- School Records: Johnson (Pole Vault)
- Team Champion: Benedictine (212 points)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Johnson already had the school record in the pole vault but he shattered that mark today by clearing 4.55 meters. His previous best was 4.31 meters last season at the Carthage Final Qualifier. Tim Zunker added a fifth-place finish in the event for CUW, clearing 3.95 meters.
- Reese also became a NACC Champion Sunday, winning the 3,000-meter run. He crossed the finish line in a time of 9:07.45.
- Tyler Martinkus had an outstanding day for the Falcons with a pair of runner-up finishes in the throwing events. He landed a toss of 16.22 meters in the weight throw and 13.16 meters in the shot put. Camren Crouse added fifth-place finishes in both events with throws of 13.94 meters (WT) and 12.23 meters (SP).
- Silas Hasselbrook finished second in the 55-meter hurdles, running the finals in a time of 7.87. He also ran the first leg for the 4X400-meter relay team which finished fourth with a time of 3:32.63. Henry Jensen, Paul Leahy, and Preus Hasselbrook were the other members of the relay team.
- Jake Roy finished fifth in the 200-meter dash after running a 23.07.
- Crouse: Weight Throw (13.94)
- Ryan Curran: Shot Put (12.03)
- Brandon Hargis: Weight Throw (11.42)
- Johnson: Pole Vault (4.55)
- Zach Larsen: Weight Throw (8.76)
- Nick Margrett: 55 (6.88)
- Roy: 55 (6.63)
- Brandon Wooden: Triple Jump (12.25)
- Zunker: Pole Vault (3.95)
- Benedictine won the NACC Indoor Championships for the third straight season. The Eagles scored 212 points, finishing well ahead of runner-up Aurora (150).
- The Falcons have a pair of Last Chance Meets on the schedule next weekend where select athletes will compete to try for school records or qualifying for the NCAA Division III Championships. The first of those is Friday at Carthage.
May 21, 2018 Spranger named USTFCCCA All-Region Honoree
May 17, 2018 UPDATE: Spranger qualifies for NCAA Championships!
April 21, 2018 Reese wins 5,000-meter run for Men's Track & Field Saturday
April 3, 2018 Spranger sprints to NACC Weekly Award
February 25, 2018 Johnson's school record guides Men's Track & Field at NACC Indoor Meet
February 21, 2018 Men's Track & Field to compete at NACC Championships Sunday
February 17, 2018 Spranger breaks 400 record for Men's Track & Field Saturday
February 10, 2018 Men's Track & Field led by sprinters at UW-Platteville meet
January 26, 2018 Reese sets 1,000-meter school record for Men's Track & Field
January 13, 2018 Men's Track & Field finishes second at Private College Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 2, 2017 Men's Track & Field places fourth in season-opening meet