OSHKOSH, Wis. – It was only a matter of time before Samual Spranger rewrote the school record book in the 400-meter dash. Spranger did just that Saturday, running a 49.78 in the 400 to pace the Men's Track & Field team at the UW-Oshkosh Titan Challenge. The Falcons finished fourth as a team.
- Falcons Finish: 4th of 10 (36 points)
- Location: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- School Records: Spranger (400)
- Individual Champions: Spranger (400)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Spranger bested the field in the 400-meter dash with his winning time of 49.78. In the process, he broke Rich Hutchins record of 49.86, set during the 2005 season.
- Jake Roy had a strong day for the Falcons with a pair of top-five finishes in sprinting events. He placed second in the 60-meter dash and added a fifth-place finish in the 200-meter dash. Roy ran a 7.16 in the 60 and clocked in in 22.91 seconds in the 200.
- Tyler Martinkus added a third-place finish in the weight throw with an impressive toss of 15.90 meters.
- Craig Reese ran to a sixth-place finish in the 3,000-meter run on Saturday, completing the race in a time of 9:02.97.
- Another strong showing for CUW came from Jordan Kelly in the long jump. Kelly leaped 6.25 meters for his seventh-place finish.
- Athanasius Hasselbrook (Long Jump) – 5.96
- A. Hasselbrook (400) – 54.26
- Preus Hasselbrook (400) – 52.95
- Zach Larsen (Weight Throw) – 8.18
- Paul Leahy (400) – 53.68
- Nick Margrett (60) – 7.36
- Spranger (400) – 49.78
- Ryan Teigen (3,000) - 9:47.25
- Dawson Ziegler (Pole Vault) – 3.97
- The Falcons will compete at the NACC Championships next Sunday. The meet, held at Carthage, is set to start at 11 a.m.
May 21, 2018 Spranger named USTFCCCA All-Region Honoree
May 17, 2018 UPDATE: Spranger qualifies for NCAA Championships!
April 21, 2018 Reese wins 5,000-meter run for Men's Track & Field Saturday
April 3, 2018 Spranger sprints to NACC Weekly Award
February 25, 2018 Johnson's school record guides Men's Track & Field at NACC Indoor Meet
February 21, 2018 Men's Track & Field to compete at NACC Championships Sunday
February 17, 2018 Spranger breaks 400 record for Men's Track & Field Saturday
February 10, 2018 Men's Track & Field led by sprinters at UW-Platteville meet
January 26, 2018 Reese sets 1,000-meter school record for Men's Track & Field
January 13, 2018 Men's Track & Field finishes second at Private College Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 2, 2017 Men's Track & Field places fourth in season-opening meet