KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field finished second at the Carthage Private College Invitational Saturday. The Falcons had five event champions, including a victory in the 4X400-meter relay.
- Falcons Finish: 2nd of 6 (129 points)
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Event Winners: Jake Roy (200), Samual Spranger (400), Silas Hasselbrook (55 Hurdles), 4X400-meter relay, Brandon Wooden (Triple Jump)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons excelled in sprints on Saturday, which included the win in the 4X400-meter relay. In addition, Spranger posted a victory in the 400 with a time of 50.58, while CUW placed three in the top five in the event. Henry Jensen placed fourth while Preus Hasselbrook added a fifth-place finish.
- CUW had two in the top five in the 200-meter dash as well, led by Roy who won the event with a time of 23.49. Nick Margrett added a third-place finish in the 200. Roy also ran in the 55-meter dash Saturday, finishing second with a time of 6.75 and just ahead of teammate Elisjsha Neuaone who placed third (6.77).
- Silas Hasselbrook added a win for the Falcons in the 55-meter hurdles. In the finals, Hasselbrook posted a time of 8.11.
- The final win of the day for CUW came in the triple jump from Wooden. Wooden leaped 12.06 meters, finishing first among collegiate competitors.
- The Falcons had a strong showing in the pole vault with four competitors finishing in the top six. Grant Johnson was second, clearing 3.95 meters. In addition, the Dawson Ziegler, Declan Harman, and Tim Zunker added solid showings in the event.
- Tyler Martinkus posted a second-place finish for CUW in the weight throw. Martinkus landed a throw of 14.57 meters. Ryan Teigen placed fourth in the 3,000-meter run, finishing the race in 10:16.37.
- Henry Jensen - 400-meter dash (53.96)
- Brandon Wooden - Triple Jump (12.06)
- The Falcons are off next weekend before returning to Kenosha for the Tadd Metzger Invitational in two weeks. The meet, which is scheduled for Friday, January 26, is set to start at 3:30 p.m.
May 21, 2018 Spranger named USTFCCCA All-Region Honoree
May 17, 2018 UPDATE: Spranger qualifies for NCAA Championships!
April 21, 2018 Reese wins 5,000-meter run for Men's Track & Field Saturday
April 3, 2018 Spranger sprints to NACC Weekly Award
February 25, 2018 Johnson's school record guides Men's Track & Field at NACC Indoor Meet
February 21, 2018 Men's Track & Field to compete at NACC Championships Sunday
February 17, 2018 Spranger breaks 400 record for Men's Track & Field Saturday
February 10, 2018 Men's Track & Field led by sprinters at UW-Platteville meet
January 26, 2018 Reese sets 1,000-meter school record for Men's Track & Field
January 13, 2018 Men's Track & Field finishes second at Private College Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 2, 2017 Men's Track & Field places fourth in season-opening meet