ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – Gavin Falotico posted a win in the javelin throw to lead the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field Team Saturday at the Augustana Meet of Champions.
- Falcons Finish: 8th of 14 (40 points)
- Location: Paul V. Olsen Track – Rock Island, Illinois
- Individual Champions: Falotico (Javelin)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Falotico (Palatine, Ill.) now has the 25th best throw nationally in the javelin as he won the event with a toss of 57.28 meters. He topped a field of 32 for his individual win.
- On the track, the Falcons had some strong results as well. Samual Spranger (Fond du Lac, Wis.) placed third in the 800-meter dash, falling less than a second short of the school record with a time of 48.85.
- In the 100, Jake Roy (Appleton, Wis.) placed fourth in the 100-meter dash finals. Roy crossed the finish line in a time of 10.95. Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) added a fourth-place finish in the 400-meter hurdles, running a time of 54.39.
- Zach Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) posted the top PR of the day for the Falcons, running his first sub-two minute 800. Ziemann's PR of six seconds was run in a time of 1:59.57.
- Camren Crouse (Javelin) – 33.6 meters
- Crouse (Hammer) – 36.9
- Ryan Curran (Discus) – 32.52
- Colter Dziekan (100) – 11.77
- Dziekan (110 Hurdles) – 18.69
- Dziekan (Discus) – 24.98
- Dziekan (Decathlon) – 4,248 points
- Falotico (Javelin) – 57.28
- Athanasius Hasselbrook (110 Hurdles) – 19.19
- A. Hasselbrook (High Jump) – 1.59
- A. Hasselbrook (Javelin) – 41.44
- Nick Margrett (200) – 22.91
- Damon Nick (400 Hurdles) – 54.39
- Roy (100) – 10.95
- Michael Taylor (1,500) – 4:12.49
- Matthew Wilcox (800) – 2:17.16
- Derek Zehetner (100) – 11.73
- Ziemann (800) – 1:59.57
- The Falcons will take part in the St. Norbert Quadrangular next Saturday. The meet is set for a 10:30 a.m. start.