KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Track & Field team had a few athletes compete at the Carthage Final Qualifier on Friday. The Falcons had solid results, led by Grant Johnson in the pole vault, as he set the school record by clearing 4.31 meters.
- Location: Tarble Athletic Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- School Record: Grant Johnson (Pole Vault – 4.31 meters)
- Individual Winners: Nora Imperl (Mile – 5:16.97)
- Johnson (Oconomowoc, Wis.) had already tied the school record by clearing 4.25 meters earlier this season. On Friday, he moved atop the Falcons leaderboard by himself, clearing 4.31 meters, which was good enough for a third-place finish in the event.
- Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) was coming off an impressive performance at the NACC Championships last weekend and continued her momentum with a win in the mile run. She crossed the finish line in 5:16.97, winning the event which featured 16 runners.
- Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) was a second away from her own school record in the 800 as she clocked in at 2:20.75. She finished third in the event.
- Jordan Kelly (Mequon, Wis.) came into Friday hoping he would set a new PR in the long jump and move up the national leaderboard. Kelly had a strong leap of 6.72 meters but did not PR in the event. He will compete Saturday at UW-Stevens Point in hope of moving into the top 15 nationally, which would qualify him for the NCAA Indoor Championships. He entered the weekend ranked 23rd nationally (7.04 meters).
- Colleen Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) took part in the weight throw and landed a toss of 14.52 meters. Jennifer Miller (Freedom, Wis.) cleared 3.11 meters in the pole vault.