KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team had its first competition in over a month and just second competition of the season Saturday at the Private College Invite. The Falcons had a good day, finishing second among eight teams at the meet.
- Falcons Score: 128 points (2nd of 8)
- Location: Tarble Athletic Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Falcons First-Place Finishers: Damon Nick (55 Hurdles – 7.77); Samual Spranger (400 – 51.08); 4X400-meter relay (Nick, Logan Hass, Silas Hasselbrook, Spranger – 3:31.12)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nick (Slinger, Wis.) continued to impress early in the season as he picked up a win in the 55-meter hurdles. He finished the finals in 7.77 for the victory. Hassselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) finished second in the event.
- Spranger (Fond du Lac, Wis.) now has won an event in each of his first two collegiate meets, picking up a win in the 400-meter dash. He ran the race in a time of 51.08, while teammates Hass (Manawa, Wis.) and Kory Boyd (Cerritos, Calif.) finished fourth and fifth in the event, respectively. Hass joined Spranger, Hasselbrook and Nick in the 4X400-meter relay as the four won the race with a time of 3:31.12.
- Freshman Brandon Wooden (Milwaukee, Wis.) had a strong race in the 55-meter dash, running a 6.72 for a second-place finish. Brennan Linse (Jefferson, Wis.) added a second-place finish in the 3,000-meter run with a time of 9:20.40, while Brandon Goesch (Germantown, Wis.) finished third in the 800. Also on the track, CUW received a fifth-place finish from Zach Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) in the mile.
- Tyler Martinkus (Mokena, Ill.) paced the Falcons in the field events as he had a pair of third-place finishes in the shot put and the weight throw. Jordan Kelly (Mequon, Wis.) placed second in the long jump as well for the Falcons.
- CUW had two of four who cleared heights in the pole vault Saturday and was led by Grant Johnson (Oconomowoc, Wis.) as he placed second by clearing 4.12 meters. The Falcons also got fourth and fifth-place finishes in the high jump as Makarios Masoad (Oak Creek, Wis.) and Spranger each cleared 1.80 meters.
- Bill Adams (55 – 6.99)
- Ryan Curran (Shot Put – 9.60 meters)
- Curran (Weight Throw – 11.05)
- Colter Dziekan (Long Jump – 5.75)
- Dziekan (400 – 56.82)
- Dziekan (Shot Put – 9.24)
- Hass (400 – 54.17)
- Athanasius Hasselbrook (Long Jump – 5.34)
- A. Hasselbrook (Shot Put – 8.77)
- Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez (3K – 9:53.62)
- Henry Jensen (400 – 56.50)
- Johnson (Pole Vault – 4.12)
- Kelly (Long Jump – 6.79)
- Joe Krier (Shot Put – 12.57)
- Krier (Weight Throw – 11.73)
- Linse (3K – 9:20.40)
- Nick Margrett (55 – 6.94)
- Martinkus (Shot Put – 13.59)
- Martinkus (Weight Throw – 14.36)
- Masoad (High Jump – 1.80)
- Nick (55H – 7.75)
- Ryan Teigen (3K – 10:23.08)
- CJ Teske (High Jump – 1.70)
- Teske (Long Jump – 5.85)
- Wooden (55 – 6.72)
- Wooden (200 – 24.87)
- Ziemann (Mile – 4:37.62)
- Tim Zunker (Pole Vault – 3.66)
- The Falcons are off next weekend before returning to Kenosha in two weeks for the Tadd Metzger Invitational. The meet is set for Friday, January 27 at 3:30 p.m.