LISLE, Ill. – Freshman Gavin Falotico won the javelin throw, pacing the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team at the NACC Outdoor Championships, which were held Friday and Saturday at Benedictine University. The Falcons finished third at the meet.
- Falcons score: 119.5 points (3rd of 9)
- Location: Benedictine University – Lisle, Ill.
- Individual Champion: Gavin Falotico (Javelin)
- Falotico (Palatine, Ill.) continued to impress in the javelin throw, easily winning the event. He landed a toss of 55.84 meters, winning by over six meters. He also finished seventh in the long jump.
- Junior Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) picked up a pair of second-place finishes in the 110-meter hurdles and the 400-meter hurdles. Nick ran 55.19 in the finals of the 400 hurdles, while crossing the finish line in 15.06 in the 110 hurdles. Silas Hasselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) was fifth in each event, running the 400 hurdles in 56.42 and the 110 hurdles in 15.62.
- The Falcons also received a second-place finish in the shot put with sophomore Tyler Martinkus (Mokena, Ill.) accomplishing the feat. Martinkus recorded a throw of 13.49 meters for his runner-up finish. Freshman Ryan Koehler (Oshkosh, Wis.) added a fourth-place finish in the discus throw (37.80 meters).
- Sophomore Jake Roy (Appleton, Wis.) finished fourth in the 400-meter dash. Roy finished the race with a time of 50.69 in the finals of the event. Sophomore Brandon Goesch (Germantown, Wis.) added a fourth-place finish in the 800, running his race in 1:57.43.
- Senior Stephen Bernau (Courtland, Minn.) took home a fifth-place finish in the 10,000-meter run. Bernau crossed the finish line in 36:12.77. Junior Zach Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) finished fifth in the 1,500, running the race in 4:07.28.
- The Falcons had a pair of top-five finishers in the pole vault in senior Bathong Pham (Milwaukee, Wis.) and freshman Grant Johnson (Oconomowoc, Wis.). Both cleared 3.95 meters, with Pham finishing fourth and Johnson fifth.
- CUW received third and fourth-place finishes in the decathlon from Jacob Schwark (Fraser, Mich.) and Colter Dziekan (Mondovi, Wis.). Schwark was third with 5,064 points, while Dziekan scored 4,312 points for a fourth-place finish. In addition, Schwark won the pole vault event in the decathlon, while Dziekan captured the long jump, with Schwark second.
- Select Falcons will compete in Last Chance Meets in aims at school records and trying to qualify for the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track & Field Championships.