MEQUON, Wis. – In a battle of the last two unbeaten teams in the NACC, Concordia Wisconsin controlled a 7-2 decision over MSOE on Wednesday afternoon to gain the inside track on the top seed for the tournament.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 7, MSOE 2
Location: CUW Tennis Courts (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 11-11, 6-0 NACC; MSOE 7-7, 7-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin rolled to a 3-0 lead after doubles play with little resistance at the No. 1 and No. 2 positions. Freshman Nolan Rademacher (Monument, Colo.) and senior Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) cruised to an 8-0 victory, while sophomore Nathan Raskin (Shorewood, Wis.) and junior Peter Kloda (Morton Grove, Ill.) picked up an 8-2 win.
- The duo of sophomore Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) and freshman Cole Werning (Watertown, Wis.) had to fight for a 9-7 win at No. 3 doubles.
- Guendel put the first singles point on the scoreboard with a quick 6-1, 6-0 victory at the No. 1 position, while Kloda secured the victory with the fifth team point and a 6-0, 6-1 win at No. 4 singles.
- Sophomore Nathan Knapp (Plymouth, Wis.) added a 6-3, 6-1 decision in his favor at No. 6 singles and Binversie concluded the match with a 3-6, 7-5, 1-0 (10-1) result at No. 2 singles.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons are 87-8 in NACC all-time and 7-2 at home this season.
- Binversie, Guendel and Kloda are all 6-0 at singles during league play. Kloda moved his singles winning streak to seven matches in a row.
- Concordia Wisconsin hasn't lost a doubles match in six conference matches.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Lakeland for a Friday match at 4 pm before going to Aurora on Saturday for a 2 pm contest, with both being the final two league matches.