Jackson, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin competed with two conference opponents on Saturday. The Falcons came away with the victory in both matches against Dominican and Concordia Chicago by the score of 8-1 and 9-0 at the Pleasant Valley Tennis Club.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 8, Dominican 1; Concordia Wisconsin 9, Concordia Chicago 0
Location: Pleasant Valley Tennis Club (Jackson, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-10, 3-0 NACC; Dominican 3-4, 1-1 NACC; Concordia Chicago 0-4, 0-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The long day began with a familiar foe for Concordia Wisconsin, as they took on Dominican. The matchup started with competitive doubles play. CUW took a commanding 3-0 lead heading into singles play, as doubles competition was highlighted by an 8-0 victory from the pair of senior Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) and freshman Nolan Rademacher (Monument, Colo).
- Concordia Wisconsin owned singles play by coming out on top of five of the six matches. Sophomore Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) won in the number three singles position by set scores of 6,2 and 6,0. Freshman Cole Werning (Watertown, Wis.) also took a victory by recording set scores of 6,0 and 7,5. After solid performance across the board for the Falcons they ended up taking an 8-1 victory against Dominican.
- With only one more match to play, Concordia Wisconsin was ready from Concordia Chicago. The Falcons soared past the Cougars in doubles by taking all three matchups by the score of 8-0.
- The momentum was in full swing for CUW and they used it to sweep singles play and not allow a single set point to the opposition. Concordia Wisconsin dominated the court and handed CUC the 9-0 loss.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW leads the series against CUC 12-0 and has only allowed five match points dating back to 2007.
- It was the first time since the 2006-2007 season that Concordia Wisconsin has not let up a single set point in both doubles and singles play to an opponent. (Last time: Rockford on April 18, 2007)
- The Falcons also lead the series against the Stars 13-0 and has allowed only 10 match points dating back to 2007.
The Falcons will return the court on Saturday when they will battle Wheaton. The start of the match is schedule for 1:00 PM.