BROOKFIELD, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin began NACC play on a strong note, blanking Wisconsin Lutheran, 9-0, at Elite Sports Club on Wednesday afternoon.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
Location: Elite Sports Club (Brookfield, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-10, 1-0 NACC; Wisconsin Lutheran 1-12, 1-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin – the defending NACC champions – blanked its eighth league foe to begin NACC play since the 2006-07 season.
- All three doubles points went to the Falcons and included freshman Nolan Rademacher (Monument, Colo.) and senior Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.), along with sophomore Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) and freshman Cole Werning (Watertown, Wis.) each winning their respective matches by an 8-1 score.
- Rademacher highlighted the singles portion of the match with a dominating 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 1 singles, while Werning gave up just one point in a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 6 singles.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons have won three matches in a row over the Warriors and hold a 12-1 record since the 2008-09 season. During that span, they have captured four wins by a 9-0 score.
- In addition, they have never lost a conference opening match in the NACC-era, winning 12 in a row.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Dominican and Concordia Chicago on Saturday at Pleasant Valley Tennis Center with matches scheduled for 10 am and 2 pm.