HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Concordia Wisconsin earned a hard-fought 5-4 victory over Indiana East before dropping a 6-3 match to Greenville late Thursday night and then coming back and fell 7-2 to Washington College on Friday to conclude its spring break trip.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 5, Indiana East 4; Washington College 7, Concordia Wisconsin 2
Location: Hilton Head, S.C.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 4-10, Indiana East 5-3, Washington College 1-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin took an early 2-1 lead after doubles play to Indiana East. Senior Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) and Sophomore Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) cruised to an 8-1 victory, while junior Peter Kloda (Morton Grove, Ill.) and sophomore Nathan Raskin (Shorewood, Wis.) earned a difficult 9-8 (7-4) win at No. 3 doubles.
- Freshman Nolan Rademacher (Monument, Colo.) took a 6-4, 6-2 decision at No. 1 singles and senior Ceejay Schaffner (Winona, Minn.) captured a 7-6 (7-5), 6-0 win at No. 2 doubles.
- Binversie walked away with a 6-1, 6-4 victory at No. 4 singles.
- Concordia Wisconsin played late into the night on Thursday before dropping its 6-3 match to Greenville. They fell behind 2-1 after doubles play with Guendel and Binversie pairing to win 9-7 at the No. 2 position.
- Guendel had a 6-3, 6-1 win at No. 3 singles, while Raskin ended with a 6-2, 7-5 victory at No. 6 singles.
- The Falcons struggled against Washington College, winning just two points during doubles play. Rademacher and Schaffner combined to win 8-4 at the No. 1 position, while Kloda and freshman Cole Werning (Watertown, Wis.) picked up a 9-8 (7-3) victory.
- Concordia Wisconsin concluded its spring break trip with a 2-3 record.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to St. Scholastica for a Thursday, March 29 match at 4 pm.