HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Concordia Wisconsin split a pair of matches on Wednesday, winning easily 9-0 over Nazareth before dropping a close 5-4 match against Stevens during its spring break trip.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Nazareth 0; Stevenson 5, Concordia Wisconsin 4
Location: Hilton Head, S.C.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-8; Nazareth 0-7, Stevenson 3-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin began its day with an easy 9-0 victory over Nazareth. The Falcons gave up no more than four points in each doubles match and had five singles matches allow four points or fewer.
- The doubles pairing of senior Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) and sophomore Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.), along with junior Peter Kloda (Morton Grove, Ill.) and sophomore Nathan Raskin (Shorewood, Wis.) each won 8-2 during their respective doubles matches.
- Singles play was highlighted by a 6-0, 6-0 win by Raskin at the No. 6 position. Also, Binversie earned a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 4 singles, while sophomore Anghelo Gangano (Plymouth, Wis.) picked up a 6-2, 6-1 decision at No. 3 singles.
- The Falcons fell behind 2-1 after doubles action against Stevenson, with the lone win coming by Kloda and Raskin who earned a hard-fought 8-6 decision at the No. 3 position.
- Each of the two singles results that went in Concordia Wisconsin's favor needed extra play. Freshman Nolan Rademacher (Monument, Colo.) had a 3-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-7) win at No. 1 singles and Raskin earned a 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (11-9) decision at No. 6 singles.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin competes against Greenville on Thursday at 7:30 pm.