JACKSON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin led for a brief period after the first doubles pairing was completed, but was never able to string together a series of victories on Friday night during a 5-4 loss to Lawrence in non-conference play.
Final Score: Lawrence 5, Concordia Wisconsin 4
Location: Pleasant Valley Tennis Center (Jackson, Wis.)
Records: Lawrence 2-1, Concordia Wisconsin 1-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Ceejay Schaffner (Winona, Minn.) and freshman Cole Werning (Watertown, Wis.) put the Falcons on the scoreboard first the first point in the match after winning at 8-4 No. 3 doubles. Lawrence took the other two doubles matches to take a 2-1 lead in the contest.
- Sophomore Thomas Melius (Slinger, Wis.) earned a 6-4, 6-2 win at No. 6 singles to tie the competition at 2-2, but the Vikings won the next two matches at No. 4 and 3 singles to go ahead 4-2.
- Freshman Nolan Rademacher (Monument, Colo.) defeated his No. 1 singles opponent 7-6 (7-2), 6-3, while his teammate junior Peter Kloda (Morton Grove, Ill.) secured a 6-4, 7-5 win at No. 5 singles.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Rademacher has now won four singles matches in a row.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete against Wooster and at Carthage on Sunday at