HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team picked up another win in South Carolina Thursday, edging Lynchburg, 5-4. The Falcons are now 3-1 on their spring trip, which will conclude with a match tomorrow.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 5, Lynchburg 4
- Location: Hilton Head, South Carolina
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-5; Lynchburg 2-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons again had an advantage in doubles play, winning two of three matches to start the day. The No. 1 duo of James Forster (Northbrook, Ill.) and Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) posted an 8-5 decision for one of the victories.
- In singles play, the Falcons and Hornets split six matches, allowing CUW a 5-4 victory. The Falcons were able to secure wins at No. 1, 2, and 5 singles. Freshman Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) continued to impress as he posted a 6-1, 6-3 win at No. 5 singles.
- The No. 1 and 2 singles matches each needed a third set tiebreaker. It was Forster who gained the win at the No. 1 position, rallying after being defeated 0-6 in the first set. He won the second set 6-4 and posted a 10-7 win in the tiebreaker.
- Docter did the same thing at No. 2 singles, rallying after a rough first set. He lost the first one 1-6, before winning 6-4 in set two and 10-5 in the tiebreaker.
- The Falcons will conclude their five-match spring trip tomorrow with a matchup against Purdue Northwest. The match is set for a noon eastern start.