MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team will host a trio of matches this weekend as they continue a non-conference slate to start the season. The Falcons, who own a 3-3 record thus far, will welcome North Central in on Friday, before taking on Lake Superior St. and St. Norbert on Saturday.
- Who: Concordia Wisconsin (3-3); North Central (1-1); St. Norbert (2-1); Lake Superior St. (4-4)
- When: Friday, March 3 (6 p.m.) and Saturday, March 4 (2 p.m. and 6 p.m.)
- Where: Pleasant Valley Tennis Center (Jackson, Wis.)
- The Falcons have had an up-and-down season through six matches. CUW gained wins in three of its first four, including a 9-0 victory over Ripon to start the season a month ago. The last time the Falcons took to the court they battled UW-La Crosse and Judson (Ill.) on February 18, falling in both matches.
- Freshman Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) has started strong, posting a 4-2 record in dual matches this season. Binversie has played five of those six matches from the No. 5 position in the lineup.
- The Falcons top doubles team thus far has been the No. 2 pairing of Ceejay Schaffner (Winona, Minn.) and Christian Docter (Madison, Wis.). The duo is 3-2 over the last month, winning three straight against Carroll, Carthage, and Lawrence.
- Dating back to the 2000-01 season, the Falcons have played the three opponents this weekend a combined nine times, eight of those against St. Norbert. CUW is 1-7 against the Green Knights during that span, but the one win came last season, a 5-4 decision on February 12. The Falcons are 0-1 against North Central, dropping a 5-4 decision on March 4 of last season.
- The home matches will be the final ones for CUW until April 13, meaning hopefully the next time the Falcons are at home, they are playing outside. Following this weekend's contests, CUW will head to Hilton Head, South Carolina for five matches from March 13-17.