MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia Wisconsin Falcons shut out the Lakeland Muskies in a 6-0 route on Wednesday afternoon at Fitting Field. The win gave the Falcons their 13th of the season, which exceeds last year's mark of 12 and is the most regular season wins for the program since they last won 13 in 2016.
- Final Score: Falcons 6, Muskies 0
- Records: Falcons 13-4-1 (7-3-1 NACC), Muskies 3-16-1 (0-11-0 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons struck swiftly as Jackson Dryden (Whitefish Bay, Wis.) scored the game-winner 1:47 into the match in an unassisted effort.
- Jacob Hilbrandt (Hemlock, Mich.) extended the Falcon lead less than one minute later. The junior took a pass from Dryden in front of the goal and sent it in to put the Falcons up 2-0 less than three minutes into the match.
- In the ninth minute, an odd turn of events added another goal for the Falcons. Dryden took a shot at point-blank range that deflected off the Muskie goalie. That deflection ricocheted into a Muskie defender, which then sent the ball bouncing into the Lakeland net for an own-goal.
- Leading 3-0 at the half, the Falcons doubled their lead before the final horn. Dryden scored his second of the game and team-leading 12th of the season on a penalty kick in the 46th minute.
- Ivan Cuellar (Milwaukee, Wis.) added two more goals to the Falcon total. The freshman scored in the 48th minute with Simon Da-Silva (Lagos, Nigeria) assisting.
- In the 60th minute, Da-Silva centered the ball from the right side, where Antonio Gurrola-Flores (Sheboygan, Wis.) tapped it backward to Cuellar who rocketed it in for the goal.
- 16 different Falcons took a shot in the match as CUW outshot Lakeland 46-2 in a dominant showing.
- The Falcons begin their NACC Playoff run on Saturday, November 2. The playoff seeding will be finalized by the end of the night.