MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia Wisconsin Falcons matched their season win total from last year with a 3-0 shutout win over the IIT Scarlet Hawks on Saturday afternoon at Fitting Field. With three more games in the regular season, the Falcons have three chances to exceed their win total from last year.
- Final Score: Falcons 3, Scarlet Hawks 0
- Records: Falcons 12-3 (6-2 NACC), Scarlet Hawks 5-10-1 (1-6-1 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Simon Da-Silva (Lagos, Nigeria) scored the game-winner 11 minutes into the first period. The junior took a cross from Miguel Garcia (Batavia, Ill.) right in front of the net and shot it into the left side for the goal.
- The Falcons doubled their lead just two minutes later when Jackson Dryden (Whitefish Bay, Wis.) took a pass from Garcia and shot it past the diving keeper into the upper left corner for his team-leading ninth goal of the season.
- Cristian Tyrpak (Hartford, Wis.) scored the third and final goal for the Falcons in the 39th minute. The junior handled a pass from Angel Uriostegui (Round Lake Beach, Ill.) and shot it off his right foot from the left side to the upper right corner of the net from 15 yards out for the goal.
- The Falcons outshot the Scarlet Hawks 19-5, with not a single IIT shot being on goal. CUW has held their last two opponents to a single shot on goal combined between IIT and Wisconsin Lutheran.
- The Falcons face MSOE on the road on Wednesday, October 23, at 7pm.