MEQUON, Wis. – The Falcons undefeated conference record was broken on Saturday as the Benedictine Eagles defeated Concordia Wisconsin 3-0.
-Final Score: Eagles 3, Falcons 0
-Records: Falcons 9-2-0 (3-1-0 NACC), Eagles 4-3-1 (4-0-0 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons outshot the Eagles 10-6 in the opening half but were unable to score.
- Gabriel Del Toro scored the game-winner in the 21st minute. He was assisted by Hayden Van Son and Lukasz Sulka.
- Van Son added to the Eagle lead in the 32nd minute with Sulka assisting.
- The second period saw the Falcons outshoot the Eagles once again, this time 8-4, but were again held scoreless by Benedictine keeper Martin Jimenez-Estrada who had five saves in the match.
- Andrew Leon scored a third Eagle goal in the 81st minute.
- Gilberto Gomez (Zion, Ill.) led the Falcons with five shots and two on goal.
-The Falcons face Edgewood at home on Wednesday, October 9, at 4pm.