FOND DU LAC, Wis. – The Falcons benefited from an own-goal and a successful penalty kick to take down the Marian Sabres 2-1 on Wednesday night. With the win, the Falcons stayed undefeated both in the conference (3-0) and on the road (6-0) this season.
-Final Score: Falcons 2, Sabres 1
-Records: Falcons 9-1-0 (3-0-0 NACC), Sabres 3-6-1 (0-3-0 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first goal of the game was scored courtesy of a Marian error. The Sabres attempted to pass the ball back to the keeper, but in the process scored on their own goal.
- The game went to the half with the Falcons up 1-0 with no players on either team having officially scored a goal.
- Jackson Dryden (Whitefish Bay, Wis.) scored the game-winner for the Falcons in the 50th minute. The sophomore took a penalty kick and sent it in for his team-leading seventh goal of the season.
- In the 64th minute, the Sabres broke the shutout. Chris Nelson sent a pass from the right side of the inner box to the middle where Kyle Klusendorf sent it into the open net to cut the Falcon lead in half.
- Concordia Wisconsin held on to earn their third conference win, sixth road win, and ninth overall win of the season.
- The Falcons outshot the Sabres 14-8 in the match.
-The Falcons face Benedictine at home on Saturday, October 5, at 1pm.