ASHLAND, Wis. – The Falcons dominated in a 7-0 road win over Northland on Saturday afternoon as they outshot the Lumberjacks 36-1.
-Final Score: Falcons 7, Lumberjacks 0
-Records: Falcons 3-0, Lumberjacks 1-2
- "I was impressed with our persistence and composure today. Some of our early chances didn't go in but we stayed patient and positive and kept working hard until we finally broke through in the second half." – John Saleska
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half was rather calm in comparison to the second. Angel Uriostegui (Round Lake Beach, Ill.) scored the lone goal of the first half in the 23rd minute. Jackson Dryden (Whitefish Bay, Wis) assisted on the game-winner.
- The game entered the half with the Falcons up 1-0.
- In the second half, the Falcons' offense exploded for six goals. Dryden started the onslaught three minutes into the half with a goal that was assisted on by Ivan Cuellar (Milwaukee, Wis.).
- Gilberto Gomez (Zion, Ill.) followed with a goal of his own in the 63rd minute.
- Cristian Tyrpak (Hartford, Wis.) followed two minutes later as he took a pass from Jovan Jardine (Winter Park, Fla.) and sent it into the back of the net.
- The Falcons scored twice within a two-minute span once more starting 70 minutes in. Giampaolo Lassila (Green Bay, Wis.) scored with Tyrpak earning the assist, after which Jacob Hilbrandt (Hemlock, Mich.) scored with Spencer Standarski (Waukesha, Wis.) assisting.
- Lassila added a final Falcon goal in the 86th minute, his second of the day.
- The goaltending duo of Matthew Klug (Plymouth, Wis.) and Mattson Wick (New Berlin, Wis.) held the Lumberjacks scoreless for the first shutout of the season for the Falcons.
-The Falcons travel to face Finlandia on the road on Sunday, September 8, at 11am.