MEQUON, Wis. – The Falcons scored twice in each half to power their way to 4-1 season-opening win over the Fontbonne Griffins on Friday afternoon. The win starts off the head coaching career of John Saleska at 1-0.
-Final Score: Falcons 4, Griffins 1
-Records: Falcons 1-0, Griffins 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons took advantage of a great scoring chance 20 minutes into the match. Jackson Dryden (Whitefish Bay, Wis.) received a penalty kick opportunity and sent it into the upper right corner of the net to score the first goal of the season for the Falcons.
- 35 minutes in, Owen Hanisko (Hartford, Wis.) sent a long pass down the center to Cristian Tyrpak (Hartford, Wis.), who trapped it in the box, dribbled and shot it past the outstretched arms of Griffin goalie Eric Volk to score what would be the game-winner.
- Ivan Cuellar (Milwaukee, Wis.) extended the Falcons lead early in the second half as he took a pass from Angel Uriostegui (Round Lake Beach, Ill.) and sent it past the diving Griffin keeper to put the Falcons up 3-0.
- The Griffins got on the board a minute later with a Mike Massay goal, who was assisted by Bryan Carroll.
- Dryden added another goal in the last five minutes of regulation to set the final score at 4-1.
-The Falcons travel to face Carroll on the road on Wednesday, September 4, at 7pm.