MEQUON, Wis. – The Falcons snapped a five-match losing streak in the NACC Tournament that dated back to 2013 with a 3-0 victory over Wisconsin Lutheran on Sunday afternoon.
"I am really proud of our defensive effort today," said head coach Dr. Tom Seleska. "But, we have been consistent defensively all year. The change has come from the offense. We are finding ways to score goals. It is making us tougher to defend as a team. That is why we have been successful over the past few games."
- Senior Dagoberto Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) started the scoring with his third penalty-kick goal of the year.
- Sophomore Simon Da-Silva (Lagos, Nigeria) found the corner of the net off a beautiful pass from Dagoberto Diaz.
- Senior Zach Gyruricza (Palatine, Ill.) scored the final goal of the match with one minute left in the first half.
- Junior Nate Yeager (Rio Ranch, N.M.) had three saves in the match.
- CUW outshot the Knights, 38-12.
- The Falcons have eight shutouts on the season, including the last four matches.
- Concordia Wisconsin improves to 23-2-2 all-time against Wisconsin Lutheran.
- CUW is now 8-12-1 all-time in the NACC Tournament.
The Falcons will travel to MSOE on Wednesday for the NACC Tournament Semifinals match. CUW gave the Raiders their lone loss in conference play.