PLYMOUTH, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin took shot after shot against the Lakeland goalkeeper and eventually three goals go by during a 3-1 victory on Wednesday night at Taylor Field. The win keeps the momentum in the Falcons favor as the NACC Tournament nears.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Lakeland 1
Location: Taylor Field (Plymouth, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 7-5-1, 4-2-1; Lakeland 3-11-0, 0-7-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Cristian Trypak (Hartford, Wis.) tallied the opening marker of the game in the 16th minute when sophomore Simon Dal-Silva (Lagos, Nigeria) connected with him to put the visitors in front against the Muskies, who were winless in the conference.
- Just over 10 minutes later, senior Zach Gyuricza (Palatine, Ill.) pounded a shot to the back of the net to put the Falcons in front 2-0. Junior Antonio Gurrola-Florres (Sheboygan, Wis.) was credited with an assist on the play.
- Ryoto Kinoshita scored Lakeland's lone goal of the evening with Armando De Luna assisting in the 30th minute of the first half.
- Senior Dagoberto Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) added an insurance goal for the Falcons in the 70th minute, as Gyuricza assisted on the kick.
- Junior Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) picked up the victory after making two saves in 78 minutes and 34 seconds of action between the pipes.
- The Falcons held a 26-7 advantage in shots and a 16-0 difference in corner kicks.
- Tyson Crater was credited with 13 saves for the Muskies.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Illinois Tech for a NACC contest on Saturday at 3:30 pm.