RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin tallied a pair of goals within 20 minutes of each other in the second half to earn a 2-1 victory on the road against Dominican on Saturday afternoon during NACC play.
Final Score: Dominican 2, Concordia Wisconsin 1
Location: West Campus Field (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Dominican 7-4-0, 4-2-0 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 6-5-1, 3-2-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dominican struck first with a Jonathan Hernandez goal in the 27th minute on a highlight reel bicycle kick, a score that would stand for a while in a battle with Concordia Wisconsin.
- After some halftime adjustments, the Falcons' Dagoberto Diaz (senior, Woodburn, Oregon) found the back of the net in the 63rd minute to knot the scoreboard at a goal apiece.
- A few seconds over 20 minutes later sophomore Cristian Tyrpak (Hartford, Wis.) had a high header that got past the goalkeeper in the far corner to give Concordia Wisconsin a lead they wouldn't relinquish.
- Concordia Wisconsin held a 16-12 advantage in shots, but shots on goal were tied at 5-5.
- There were 35 combined fouls called and five yellow cards issued in the intense contest.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Lakeland on Wednesday for a 7 pm NACC matchup.