MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team put together one of its best showings of the season in a 4-0 win over Wisconsin Lutheran. The Falcons scored twice in each half and shut the Warriors down in a key NACC victory.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 5-5-1, 2-2-1 NACC; WLC 4-7, 3-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons wanted to get off to a fast start after scoring just one goal over two matches last week. CUW did just that as Zach Gyuricza (Palatine, Ill.) scored off an assist from goalkeeper Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) just 2:33 into play. The Falcons had the wind advantage in the first half and Yeager launched a pass to Gyuricza who finished for the 1-0 lead.
- In the 19th minute, senior Dagoberto Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) served up a perfect free kick in the direction of Cristian Tyrpak (Hartford, Wis.). Tyrpak was able to head the ball in for a 2-0 lead.
- Yeager finished the match with four saves, stopping one shot in the first half and three over the final 45 minutes. CUW outshot the Warriors 26-13, including a 10-4 advantage in shots on goal.
- In the second half, Tyler Salvador (Lindenhurst, Ill.) and Giampaolo Lassila (Green Bay, Wis.) added to the CUW lead with late goals. Simon Da-Silva (Lagos, Nigeria) found Salvador on his third goal of the season, while Lassila finished off the scoring with 1:09 left off a pass from Jovan Jardine (Winter Park, Fla.).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Yeager's assist is the first goalkeeper point for the Falcons since the 2015 season. In a match at Lakeland, Alec Brew found Keegan Van Dusseldorp for a goal, that one also coming early into the match (31 seconds).
- The Falcons will visit Dominican Saturday with kickoff set for 2:45 p.m.