MEQUON, Wis. – Three different Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer players scored in a 3-1 win over Carroll Wednesday at Fitting Field. Brian Tener, Giampaolo Lassila, and Simon Da-Silva all tallied goals as the Falcons moved to a perfect 3-0 at home this season.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Carroll 1
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 3-2-0; Carroll 0-6-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Tener put the Falcons on the board in the 9th minute with his first goal of the season. Gavin Falotico (Palatine, Ill.) started the play with a perfect throw-in to a bicycle kicking Antonio Gurrola-Flores (Sheboygan, Wis.) who found Tener (Glenview, Ill.) for the score.
- Lassila (Green Bay, Wis.) made the score 2-0 in the final minutes of the opening half, scoring on a perfectly placed free kick from about 20 yards out. Da-Silva (Lagos, Nigeria) put the Falcons up 3-0 in the second half, his score coming off a cross from Zach Gyuricza (Palatine, Ill.) in the 60th minute. The goals for Lassila and Da-Silva each marked the first of their careers.
- Plenty of shots were taken on Wednesday as the teams combined for 35, 20 of those coming from the Falcons. CUW put 12 shots on goal compared to six on goal for the Pioneers.
- Joshua Bobke (Oconomowoc, Wis.) gained the win after playing the first half for CUW. Bobke did not allow a goal and made two saves before being replaced by Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) at halftime. Yeager made three saves over the final 45 minutes in his 2018 debut.
- Peter Villafuerte stopped eight shots for the Pioneers while their goal was scored off a free kick by Issey Veladez in the 80th minute.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons have impressed at Fitting Field this season, winning their three matches by a combined score of 7-1. CUW has defeated Beloit (1-0), Northland (3-0), and Carroll (3-1) in the home matches.
- The Falcons will visit UW-Whitewater Saturday for a non-conference match. The contest is scheduled for a 7 p.m. start.