MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team will at worst share the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference regular-season title in 2017 as the Falcons secured that with a 4-0 win at Concordia Chicago Sunday. The Falcons will go for the outright title Wednesday at home against Rockford, where a win or tie would give CUW its second outright championship in three years.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Concordia Chicago 0
- Location: Concordia Stadium – River Forest, Illinois
- Records: CUW 10-3-3, 8-1-0 NACC; Concordia Chicago 3-12-0, 3-6-0 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons got two goals each from Dagoberto Diaz and Colin Dibb in the 4-0 win. Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) had the lone goal of the first half, striking in the 20th minute off an assist by Dibb.
- Dibb would score his two goals nearly a minute apart from each other in the second half. His first score came in the 68th minute, while his next goal happened 1:09 later off an assist by Diaz.
- Diaz capped off the scoring on a penalty kick in the 79th minute. He now leads the Falcons with 11 goals in 2017 while Dibb is right behind with 10.
- Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) made one save for his 10th win of the season. The Falcons controlled possession throughout, outshooting the Cougars, 20-4.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With one league match remaining, CUW leads both Dominican and Benedictine by three points in the NACC standings. Both the Stars and Eagles are 7-2-0 in league play, meaning the Falcons would clinch the outright title with a tie or better Wednesday.
- Diaz has done most of his damage this season in conference matches. He is tied for the NACC lead with 29 points through nine league contests. Diaz has scored 10 goals and dished out nine assists in nine league matches. Dibb is sixth in NACC matches with 22 points (eight goals, six assists).
- The Falcons will look for the outright NACC title against Rockford at 3 p.m. Wednesday at Fitting Field.