MEQUON, Wis. – Fresh off a 1-0-1 finish at the season-opening Concordia Invitational Tournament, the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team is ready for its 2017 home opener. The Falcons will welcome Elmhurst to Fitting Field on Wednesday afternoon.
- Who: Elmhurst (2-0-0) at Concordia Wisconsin (1-0-1)
- Where: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- When: Wednesday, September 6th (4:30 p.m.)
- Live Coverage: CUWFalcons.com will provide video (weather permitting) and live stats. Links can be found on the Men's Soccer schedule page. Note: If the weather does not cooperate, a live audio broadcast will take place rather than video.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- Fans can access the digital program for Wednesday's match by clicking here. A limited number of printed programs will be available for $2. In addition, fans at the match can scan a QR code or visit cuwfalcons.com/programs on their mobile devices to access the free digital game program.
- The Falcons opened the season with a win and a tie at the Concordia Invitational Tournament. CUW defeated Concordia Ann Arbor 2-0, before settling for a 1-1 draw with Concordia Nebraska.
- CUW returns an experienced team in 2017. The Falcons have seven players who started at least 10 matches last year. Colin Dibb and Dagoberto Diaz return as leading scorers from 2016 with 27 and 23 points, respectively. Gavin Falotico also returns to anchor the defense.
- Elmhurst got off to a strong start with a pair of shutout wins over Labor Day Weekend. The Bluejays defeated Greenville 2-0 and Principia 4-0.
- In last year's meeting, CUW erased a 1-0 halftime deficit with two second-half scores, winning 2-1 on the road. Luis Loya scored the equalizer and Iven Hernandez tallied the winner for the Falcons. Nate Yeager posted a perfect second half with two saves to help the Falcons secure the comeback.