RIVER FOREST, Ill. – It was a tale of two halves for the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team in a 1-1 draw against Concordia Nebraska Saturday. The draw allowed both the Falcons and Bulldogs to finish the Concordia Invitational Tournament with identical 1-0-1 records.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 1, Concordia Nebraska 1
- Location: Concordia Chicago (River Forest, Ill.)
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-0-1; Concordia Nebraska 2-0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half saw the Falcons own an 8-3 edge in shots, including a 5-1 edge in shots on goal. The first half also saw the Falcons take a 1-0 lead thanks to senior Josiah Ochoa (Mundelein, Ill.). Ochoa took a pass from junior Zach Gyuricza (Chicago, Ill.) and beat the keeper inside the right post for a 1-0 lead.
- In the second half, the Falcons looked like a different team, seeing the Bulldogs own an 11-3 edge in shots. The tying score came with 9:11 remaining in regulation when Marcelo Hernandez netted a goal off an assist from Lewis Rathbone.
- Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) finished the match with four saves for the Falcons, including three in the second half. His counterpart, Jack Bennett, stopped five shots.
- Dagoberto Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) fired a team-best three shots for the Falcons, all three on goal. Hernandez totaled three shots for the Bulldogs, one on goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The goal for Ochoa was the fourth of his career and first since the 2015 season. He scored two goals in 2015, and one in 2013.
- The Falcons will play their home opener Wednesday afternoon at Fitting Field. CUW welcomes Elmhurst to Mequon for a 4:30 p.m. start.