AURORA, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team fell in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference road match at Aurora University Saturday. Aurora struck once in each half for a 2-0 decision over the Falcons.
- Final Score: Aurora 2, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Vago Field – Aurora, Illinois
- Records: Aurora 4-5-1, 2-2-0 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 8-2-0; 1-2-0 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Spartans went up 1-0 in the 30th minute with a goal from Collin Foreman. His header was good for his second goal of the season, also resulting in the only goal of the opening half.
- Junior Killian Mielotz (Grafton, Wis.) played well for the Falcons as he made a career-best 12 saves for the Falcons. Aurora outshot CUW 20-11 for the match, 14 of those shots coming on goal for the Spartans.
- The Spartans scored late in the match, making the score 2-0 with 36 seconds remaining on a goal by Bed Edith. It was Edith's seventh goal of the season.
- Sophomore Dagoberto Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) paced the Falcons attack with three shots, two on goals.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons fell to 1-2-0 in conference play with the loss. CUW has dropped both NACC road contests this year, at Wisconsin Lutheran being the other setback.
- The Falcons will host Benedictine in a NACC matchup on Wednesday. The match between the Falcons and Eagles is set for a 4 p.m. start at Fitting Field.