ST. LOUIS – Iven Hernandez and Justin Clayton each scored two goals to help pace the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team in a convincing 6-0 non-conference win at Fontbonne Tuesday. The Falcons erupted for four scores in the opening half before adding two in the final 45 minutes for the dominant win.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 6, Fontbonne 0
- Location: Centene Stadium – St. Louis
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-1-0; Fontbonne 0-8-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hernandez (Antioch, Ill.) scored the final two goals of the opening half for his first multi-goal effort in a Falcons uniform. He now has three scores in the last three matches for CUW, adding the game-winner last week against Elmhurst. His first score was assisted by sophomore Dagoberto Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) and his second was aided by freshman Patricio Martinez (Scottsdale, Ariz.), who picked up his first career collegiate point.
- Senior Jordan Moehn (Fond du Lac, Wis.) got the scoring started for CUW with his first goal of the season, coming in the 15th minute. Just 8:10 later, it was Clayton (Crete, Ill.) who struck for the first time this year. Junior Luis Loya (Bolingbrook, Ill.) assisted on Clayton's first-half goal.
- Junior Colin Dibb (Hartland, Wis.) played a part in each of the Falcons second-half scores, extending his team-best point total to 19. Dibb tallied his seventh goal of the season in the 51st minute before assisting on Clayton's second goal of the night in the 57th minute.
- CUW outshot the Griffins by a 26-7 advantage Tuesday night. The Falcons had a 14-2 edge in shots in the opening half.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The two-goal effort for Clayton was his second as a Falcon. Clayton scored two goals in an October 7, 2014 win over Rockford. In that match, Clayton added an assist for a career-best five points.
- The match was the final non-conference affair for CUW in the 2016 regular season. The Falcons posted a perfect 7-0-0 record in non-conference play. They will now play eight consecutive NACC contests to close the regular season.
- CUW begins the eight-match NACC streak with a trip to Aurora Saturday. The Falcons and Spartans are set for a 3:30 p.m. start.