LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Colin Dibb netted the game-winning goal with less than seven minutes to play in the match and Nate Yeager made three saves to stave off overtime, as Concordia Wisconsin earned a hard-fought, 3-2, road victory against Lake Forest on Sunday.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Lake Forest 2
Location: Farwell Field (Lake Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-0-0, Lake Forest 0-2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin scored a pair of goals within three minutes of each other to earn a difficult come-from-behind road victory. The win gives the Falcons a 2-0-0 start for the second-consecutive season.
- The Forester's John Cappuccitti found the back of the net on an unassisted kick at the 42:40 mark of the opening half to put the hosts in front. It was the only score in the initial 45 minutes of play.
- Junior Colin Dibb (Hartland, Wis.) collected a Dagoberto Diaz (sophomore, Woodburn, Ore.) pass and struck the back of the net to even the scoreboard at 1-1 just over five minutes into the second half.
- Lake Forest answered less than eight minutes later when Seton Trostle kicked one past the Falcons goalkeeper. The score was assisted by Brendan McLane and John Palutsis.
- Concordia Wisconsin waited 23 minutes before putting together a quick spurt of offense that proved to be what it was waiting for. Junior Luis Loya (Bolingbrook, Ill.) tallied the game-tying goal at the 80:39 mark of the match before Dibb marked his second goal of the game at 83:33 on the scoreboard.
- The Falcons' Nate Yeager (freshman, Rio Rancho, N.M.) was stout in the final minutes, making three saves to stave off any chance of overtime.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Yeager finished with four saves in a complete-game winning effort.
- Dibb now has four goals in two games for the Falcons since transferring from UW-Milwaukee.
- Concordia Wisconsin held a 9-3 advantage in corner kicks and an 11-10 difference in shots.
- The game was littered with eight yellow cards and 36 combined fouls.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin begins a four-match homestand on Wednesday with a 4 pm contest against Carroll at Fitting Field.