GRANVILLE, Ohio – Concordia Wisconsin came out firing and scored a pair of man-up goals just over two minutes into its first NCAA Tournament game in program history. In the end, eighth-ranked Denison earned a 12-6 victory over the Falcons on Wednesday night.
Final Score: Denison 12, Concordia Wisconsin 6
Location: Peiper Stadium (Granville, Ohio)
Records: Denison 16-2, Concordia Wisconsin 15-4
QUOTING HEAD COACH MICHAEL FAHEY
HOW IT HAPPENED
- No. 8 Denison got dinged with a non-releasable two-minute unsportsmanlike penalty one minute and 32 seconds into the game. Just 14 seconds later senior Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.) connected with senior Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) for a man-up score. It didn't take long for the Falcons to put another goal on the scoreboard, when Connolly found Gregory for their second man-up goal connection 34 seconds later to go ahead 2-0.
- Denison used its NCAA Tournament experience and responded by scoring six-consecutive goals to take control.
- Senior Warren Kaminsky (Winnipeg, Manitoba) scored a goal with four seconds to play in the opening quarter, with Gregory assisting.
- Connolly got into the scoring column at the 7:27 mark in the second quarter, this time with Gregory doing the assisting. Sophomore Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) did some celebrating with an unassisted marker with 1:14 remaining before halftime.
- Sophomore Donovan Harper (Yorba Linda, Calif.) put his name into this scoring column with a man-up score in the third quarter at 9:51, with Day assisting on the play.
- Day led the Falcons with three ground balls, while six of his teammates had two ground balls.
- Senior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) ended his superb career with a 19-save performance during a complete game effort.
- The Falcons were 21-of-26 on the clears and 3-of-6 on man-up opportunities.
- Concordia Wisconsin ends the season with a program-record 15 victories and set the program record for shots on goal (471). They also set the season record for saves (242), save percentage (67.8) and goals against average (6.06).
June 27, 2019 Wohlford named 2018-19 Male Athlete of the Year
June 25, 2019 Wohlford named Male Career Achievement Award winner
June 12, 2019 Men's Lacrosse lands 10 on MLC All-Academic Team
May 23, 2019 Wohlford named All-America Honorable Mention
May 8, 2019 Falcons end season in NCAA Tournament
May 5, 2019 Falcons open NCAA Tournament against Denison
May 4, 2019 MLC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS!
May 3, 2019 MLC announces postseason honors
May 1, 2019 Men's Lacrosse defeats MSOE in MLC Tournament
April 27, 2019 MLC regular season CHAMPIONS!
April 24, 2019 Men's Lacrosse wins seventh in a row
April 23, 2019 Gramarossa wins MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 19, 2019 Men's Lacrosse cruises to MLC win
April 17, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse sails past Sabres
April 16, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (April 16, 2019)
April 16, 2019 Voskuil earns MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 13, 2019 Eleven players score in lopsided Men's Lacrosse win
April 6, 2019 Men's Lacrosse scores in bunches during MLC victory
March 30, 2019 Falcons cruise to MLC victory
March 22, 2019 Falcons take easy win over Medaille
March 20, 2019 Gregory scores four, Men's Lacrosse falls at Brockport
March 18, 2019 Men's Lacrosse receives votes in USILA Coaches Poll
March 16, 2019 Falcons down Beloit in a road MLC matchup
March 13, 2019 Early lead propels Men’s Lacrosse to MLC victory
March 9, 2019 Falcons come from behind in MLC win
March 1, 2019 Day scores five, Men’s Lacrosse cruises past Dubuque
February 26, 2019 Wohlford named MLC Defensive Player of the Week
February 26, 2019 Men's Lacrosse moves game vs. Dubuque to Friday at 2 pm
February 23, 2019 Falcons fall on the road to begin 2019 season
February 22, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse expecting success during 2019 season
February 13, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 13, 2019)
February 13, 2019 Men's Lacrosse vs. Olivet canceled
January 28, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse chosen to win title in MLC Preseason Poll
January 28, 2019 Leen named to Ireland Lacrosse roster
September 24, 2018 Men's Lacrosse announces captains for 2019 season