MEQUON, Wis. -- Concordia Wisconsin checked off an important goal on its list Saturday by winning the Midwest Lacrosse Conference regular-season title with a dominant 21-3 victory over Cornell at Fitting Field. With the victory, the Falcons will be the No. 1 seed in the MLC Tournament.
Concordia Wisconsin will host MSOE in an MLC Tournament semifinal game at 4 pm at Fitting Field.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 21, Cornell 3
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-3, 11-0 MLC; Cornell 4-13, 2-9 MLC
QUOTING SENIORS AND HEAD COACH MICHAEL FAHEY
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The game just had a different feel to it; with it being Senior Day, the Falcons needing the win to clinch the undefeated and outright MLC regular season title and with an impending spring snowstorm moving the start time up an hour. Nevertheless, an excitement was surrounding Fitting Field.
- Cornell snuck one in 57 seconds into the contest, but then with all seniors in the starting lineup they refocused and ran away from the Rams to the tune of 13-straight goals to engage the cruise control the rest of the way.
- The Falcons led 11-1 at halftime, 17-3 after three quarters and added four more goals in the final 15 minutes of play to score 20 or more goals for the second time in the last three games.
- Of the 14 seniors getting a chance to play in front of their parents and families, it was Warren Kaminsky (Winnipeg, Manitoba) and Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.) who had a party with a career-high six goals each. Kaminsky netted four before halftime, while Connolly found the back of the net four times in the second half.
- Senior Jack Donnellan (Grayslake, Ill.) performed well with two goals and two assists, while picking up three ground balls and causing a turnover. Senior Max Schramm (Edwards, Colo.) had four ground balls and two caused turnovers. Senior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) made seven saves in 43 minutes of work between the pipes.
- Kyle Jussila had two goals for the Rams, while Noah Carpenter made 11 saves in goal.
- Over the last five games, the Falcons have outscored their opponents 99-16, outshot them 299-132 (186-71 on goal) and converted 10-of-16 man-up opportunities.
- During the 11 MLC victories this season, Concordia Wisconsin won by an average of 11 goals, held league foes to 5-of-31 (.161) on man-up chances and 60.6 percent of its faceoff attempts.
- It was the ninth time in the 10-season history of the MLC regular season champion went undefeated in conference play.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will host MSOE in an MLC Tournament semifinal game at 4 pm at Fitting Field.
June 27, 2019 Wohlford named 2018-19 Male Athlete of the Year
June 25, 2019 Wohlford named Male Career Achievement Award winner
June 12, 2019 Men's Lacrosse lands 10 on MLC All-Academic Team
May 23, 2019 Wohlford named All-America Honorable Mention
May 8, 2019 Falcons end season in NCAA Tournament
May 5, 2019 Falcons open NCAA Tournament against Denison
May 4, 2019 MLC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS!
May 3, 2019 MLC announces postseason honors
May 1, 2019 Men's Lacrosse defeats MSOE in MLC Tournament
April 27, 2019 MLC regular season CHAMPIONS!
April 24, 2019 Men's Lacrosse wins seventh in a row
April 23, 2019 Gramarossa wins MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 19, 2019 Men's Lacrosse cruises to MLC win
April 17, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse sails past Sabres
April 16, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (April 16, 2019)
April 16, 2019 Voskuil earns MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 13, 2019 Eleven players score in lopsided Men's Lacrosse win
April 6, 2019 Men's Lacrosse scores in bunches during MLC victory
March 30, 2019 Falcons cruise to MLC victory
March 22, 2019 Falcons take easy win over Medaille
March 20, 2019 Gregory scores four, Men's Lacrosse falls at Brockport
March 18, 2019 Men's Lacrosse receives votes in USILA Coaches Poll
March 16, 2019 Falcons down Beloit in a road MLC matchup
March 13, 2019 Early lead propels Men’s Lacrosse to MLC victory
March 9, 2019 Falcons come from behind in MLC win
March 1, 2019 Day scores five, Men’s Lacrosse cruises past Dubuque
February 26, 2019 Wohlford named MLC Defensive Player of the Week
February 26, 2019 Men's Lacrosse moves game vs. Dubuque to Friday at 2 pm
February 23, 2019 Falcons fall on the road to begin 2019 season
February 22, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse expecting success during 2019 season
February 13, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 13, 2019)
February 13, 2019 Men's Lacrosse vs. Olivet canceled
January 28, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse chosen to win title in MLC Preseason Poll
January 28, 2019 Leen named to Ireland Lacrosse roster
September 24, 2018 Men's Lacrosse announces captains for 2019 season