ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Concordia Wisconsin began the game with 14-consecutive goals that lasted five minutes into the third quarter and never looked back during an 18-2 MLC victory at Northwestern-St. Paul.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 18, Northwestern-St. Paul 2
Location: Reynolds Field (St. Paul, Minn.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-3, 10-0 MLC; Northwestern-St. Paul 7-6, 4-6 MLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Five different Falcons found the back of the net in the opening quarter and sophomore Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) tallied a hat trick in the second quarter, as the visitors flew past the Eagles with a 12-0 lead by the intermission. Concordia Wisconsin had a 33-16 advantage in shots and won 10-of-14 faceoffs through the first 30 minutes of play.
- The scoring slowed down in the second half, but was still dominated by the Falcons, who improved their road record to 6-3 and has won three-consecutive away from home. Freshman Ryan Jaffray (Naperville, Ill.) scored back-to-back goals in the fourth and senior Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.) netted the only Falcons man-up chance.
- Senior Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) scored the first goal of the game and consecutive goals in the second for a hat trick, while Connolly ended with a hat trick of his own. Sophomore Donovan Harper (Yorba Linda, Calif.) recorded two goals and an assist.
- Senior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) and sophomore Alex Loding (Mundelein, Ill.) split time in goal and combined to make 13 saves. Junior Ben Gramarossa (Smithtown, N.Y.) won 9-of-14 faceoffs and senior Jack Melby (Eagan, Minn.) was 7-of-10 on faceoff attempts. Gramarossa picked up a game-high six ground balls.
- Chase Marlenee scored the only Northwestern-St. Paul goals in the game. Zach Shockency made 12 saves in goal for the Eagles.
- Concordia Wisconsin's 16-goal victory is tied for the second largest of the season.
- The Falcons are 6-0 at home this season and are looking to finish the regular season undefeated at Fitting Field for just the second time on Saturday.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Cornell on Saturday at 2 pm in an MLC contest, which is also Senior Day.
June 12, 2019 Men's Lacrosse lands 10 on MLC All-Academic Team
May 23, 2019 Wohlford named All-America Honorable Mention
May 8, 2019 Falcons end season in NCAA Tournament
May 5, 2019 Falcons open NCAA Tournament against Denison
May 4, 2019 MLC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS!
May 3, 2019 MLC announces postseason honors
May 1, 2019 Men's Lacrosse defeats MSOE in MLC Tournament
April 27, 2019 MLC regular season CHAMPIONS!
April 24, 2019 Men's Lacrosse wins seventh in a row
April 23, 2019 Gramarossa wins MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 19, 2019 Men's Lacrosse cruises to MLC win
April 17, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse sails past Sabres
April 16, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (April 16, 2019)
April 16, 2019 Voskuil earns MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 13, 2019 Eleven players score in lopsided Men's Lacrosse win
April 6, 2019 Men's Lacrosse scores in bunches during MLC victory
March 30, 2019 Falcons cruise to MLC victory
March 22, 2019 Falcons take easy win over Medaille
March 20, 2019 Gregory scores four, Men's Lacrosse falls at Brockport
March 18, 2019 Men's Lacrosse receives votes in USILA Coaches Poll
March 16, 2019 Falcons down Beloit in a road MLC matchup
March 13, 2019 Early lead propels Men’s Lacrosse to MLC victory
March 9, 2019 Falcons come from behind in MLC win
March 1, 2019 Day scores five, Men’s Lacrosse cruises past Dubuque
February 26, 2019 Wohlford named MLC Defensive Player of the Week
February 26, 2019 Men's Lacrosse moves game vs. Dubuque to Friday at 2 pm
February 23, 2019 Falcons fall on the road to begin 2019 season
February 22, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse expecting success during 2019 season
February 13, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 13, 2019)
February 13, 2019 Men's Lacrosse vs. Olivet canceled
January 28, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse chosen to win title in MLC Preseason Poll
January 28, 2019 Leen named to Ireland Lacrosse roster
September 24, 2018 Men's Lacrosse announces captains for 2019 season