MEQUON, Wis. -- Concordia Wisconsin scored seven in the opening quarter and led 16-0 at halftime en route to an easy 24-2 win on Friday over North Central (Minn.) at Fitting Field. The Falcons remain undefeated in the MLC and atop the standings.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 24, North Central (Minn.) 2
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 11-3, 9-0 MLC; North Central 0-10, 0-9 MLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It didn't take long for Concordia Wisconsin to get on the scoreboard, as senior Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) scored one minute and four seconds into the contest, with sophomore Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) assisting. By the end of the opening quarter, they led 7-0 and five different players were in the scoring column.
- With 41 seconds remaining the first quarter, junior Jordan Alexander (Littleton, Colo.) netted his first career goal.
- The flood gates opened wider in the second, as nine shots found the back of the net to build a wide 16-0 margin at halftime. By halftime, senior Jack Donnellan (Grayslake, Ill.) and senior Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.) each had hat tricks.
- In all, a program record 12 Falcons scored in a single game by the time the clock expired.
- Sophomore Luke Billehus (Anoka, Minn.) also added a hat trick to the scoring barrage, while six of his teammates scored twice.
- Junior Ben Gramarossa (Smithtown, N.Y.) won 11-of-13 faceoffs and picked up a game-high eight ground balls. Senior Jack Melby (Eagan, Minn.) won 10-of-12 faceoffs and picked up six ground balls. Junior Nathan Oekerman (Beaverton, Ore.) ended with five ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- The Falcons' 24 goals are tied for the fourth-most in program history, while the 69 shots are the third most ever taken. The 55 ground balls and the 26 faceoffs wins are the second most ever recorded.
- Concordia Wisconsin limited North Central to 6-of-23 on the clear, forced 23 turnovers of which 19 were caused and didn't commit a penalty in the contest.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Northwestern-St. Paul for a Wednesday 5 pm MLC contest.
May 8, 2019 Falcons end season in NCAA Tournament
May 5, 2019 Falcons open NCAA Tournament against Denison
May 4, 2019 MLC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS!
May 3, 2019 MLC announces postseason honors
May 1, 2019 Men's Lacrosse defeats MSOE in MLC Tournament
April 27, 2019 MLC regular season CHAMPIONS!
April 24, 2019 Men's Lacrosse wins seventh in a row
April 23, 2019 Gramarossa wins MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 19, 2019 Men's Lacrosse cruises to MLC win
April 17, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse sails past Sabres
April 16, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (April 16, 2019)
April 16, 2019 Voskuil earns MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 13, 2019 Eleven players score in lopsided Men's Lacrosse win
April 6, 2019 Men's Lacrosse scores in bunches during MLC victory
March 30, 2019 Falcons cruise to MLC victory
March 22, 2019 Falcons take easy win over Medaille
March 20, 2019 Gregory scores four, Men's Lacrosse falls at Brockport
March 18, 2019 Men's Lacrosse receives votes in USILA Coaches Poll
March 16, 2019 Falcons down Beloit in a road MLC matchup
March 13, 2019 Early lead propels Men’s Lacrosse to MLC victory
March 9, 2019 Falcons come from behind in MLC win
March 1, 2019 Day scores five, Men’s Lacrosse cruises past Dubuque
February 26, 2019 Wohlford named MLC Defensive Player of the Week
February 26, 2019 Men's Lacrosse moves game vs. Dubuque to Friday at 2 pm
February 23, 2019 Falcons fall on the road to begin 2019 season
February 22, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse expecting success during 2019 season
February 13, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 13, 2019)
February 13, 2019 Men's Lacrosse vs. Olivet canceled
January 28, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse chosen to win title in MLC Preseason Poll
January 28, 2019 Leen named to Ireland Lacrosse roster
September 24, 2018 Men's Lacrosse announces captains for 2019 season