MEQUON, Wis. -- Concordia Wisconsin scored nine-straight goals to begin Saturday's MLC contest before putting it on cruise control the rest of the way, en route to an 18-2 victory over Concordia Chicago at Fitting Field.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 18, Concordia Chicago 2
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-3, 7-0 MLC; Concordia Chicago 4-8, 2-1 MLC
QUOTING STEPHEN GREGORY
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) added the first of six first-quarter goals to the scoreboard one minute and 13 seconds into the game before his teammates made it a party. He also had a man-up marker with 7:41 to play in the quarter, which was the 100th of his career, becoming the sixth player to accomplish the feat.
- Senior Jack Donnellan (Grayslake, Ill.), sophomore Donovan Harper (Yorba Linda, Calif.), and sophomore Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) all got into the scoring column during the 15 minutes of action.
- Senior Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.) put his name on the list of many Falcons who scored throughout the contest less than a minute into the second quarter.
- At the intermission, the Falcons led 9-1 and owned a 36-5 advantage in shots.
- The second half saw junior Warner Marquez (Danville, Calif.), sophomore Ryan LeFebvre (Chicago, Ill.), sophomore Connor Peterson (Calgary, Alberta), freshman Kyle Fuller (Roseville, Minn.), senior Jacob Dubyak (Fairs Oaks, Calif.) and senior Jacob Murnane (Milwaukee, Wis.) all get their names called over the public address for scoring goals. LeFebvre and Fuller each scored back-to-back goals in the third and fourth quarters, respectively.
- Donnellan ended with a trio of assists, while Connolly had two helpers.
- Junior Ryan Voskuil (Flower Mound, Texas) played strong defensively with five caused turnovers, while sophomore Alex Loding (Mundelein, Ill.) made a team-high four saves in 18 minutes of action in goal.
- Tate Macfarlane and Hunter Combe each scored for the Cougars, and Jack Liskey made 16 saves between the pipes.
- It was the second time this season the Falcons had 11 players score in a game, with the other being a 16-4 victory at Medaille on March 22.
- The Falcons ended 2-of-3 on man-up chances and held the Cougars to 0-for-4.
- Concordia Wisconsin had a season-high 57 shots and 34 shots on goal.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Marian on Wednesday at 4 pm in a MLC game at Fitting Field.
April 17, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse sails past Sabres
April 16, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (April 9, 2019)
April 16, 2019 Voskuil earns MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 13, 2019 Eleven players score in lopsided Men's Lacrosse win
April 6, 2019 Men's Lacrosse scores in bunches during MLC victory
March 30, 2019 Falcons cruise to MLC victory
March 22, 2019 Falcons take easy win over Medaille
March 20, 2019 Gregory scores four, Men's Lacrosse falls at Brockport
March 18, 2019 Men's Lacrosse receives votes in USILA Coaches Poll
March 16, 2019 Falcons down Beloit in a road MLC matchup
March 13, 2019 Early lead propels Men’s Lacrosse to MLC victory
March 9, 2019 Falcons come from behind in MLC win
March 1, 2019 Day scores five, Men’s Lacrosse cruises past Dubuque
February 26, 2019 Wohlford named MLC Defensive Player of the Week
February 26, 2019 Men's Lacrosse moves game vs. Dubuque to Friday at 2 pm
February 23, 2019 Falcons fall on the road to begin 2019 season
February 22, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse expecting success during 2019 season
February 13, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 13, 2019)
February 13, 2019 Men's Lacrosse vs. Olivet canceled
January 28, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse chosen to win title in MLC Preseason Poll
January 28, 2019 Leen named to Ireland Lacrosse roster
September 24, 2018 Men's Lacrosse announces captains for 2019 season