MEQUON, Wis. – Keijo Day tallied a hat trick in the third quarter and ended with five goals on the day to help Concordia Wisconsin cruise past Dubuque for an 11-2 victory on Friday afternoon during the home opener at Fitting Field.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 11, Dubuque 2
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-1, Dubuque 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) scored a goal in the opening quarter to give the Falcons a quick 2-0 lead. He would wait until the third quarter to unleash a flurry of markers, three in a four-minute and 41-second span, to push the hosts' advantage to 8-1. The attacker added his fifth of the day to scoreboard midway through the final quarter.
- Concordia Wisconsin began to separate itself from Dubuque in final minutes before halftime when it scored back-to-back man-up goals, by sophomore Ryan LeFebvre (Chicago, Ill.) and senior Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.), to own a 5-1 difference at the intermission.
- After Day's explosion in the third, the Falcons recorded three more goals in the last quarter to win easily.
- The Falcons held a 28-19 advantage in ground balls, cleared 15-of-19 attempts and caused 11 turnovers.
- Senior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) made 15 saves in goal to earn the win. Sophomore Alex Loding (Mundelein, Ill.) entered late in the game and made a save of his own.
- Michael Jango and Davis Behrns scored a goal each for Dubuque, while Ryan Nemeth had 12 saves in net.
- Concordia Wisconsin scored was 4-of-6 on man-up chances. They have scored four man-up goals or more just 11 times in program history and last season ranked 35th nationally in man-up offense.
- The Falcons are now 5-0 all-time against the Spartans and have outscored them 82-13 in those matchups.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin begins MLC play on March 9 when it hosts MSOE in a 1 pm contest at Fitting Field.
April 19, 2019 Men's Lacrosse cruises to MLC win
April 17, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse sails past Sabres
April 16, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (April 9, 2019)
April 16, 2019 Voskuil earns MLC Defensive Player of the Week honors
April 13, 2019 Eleven players score in lopsided Men's Lacrosse win
April 6, 2019 Men's Lacrosse scores in bunches during MLC victory
March 30, 2019 Falcons cruise to MLC victory
March 22, 2019 Falcons take easy win over Medaille
March 20, 2019 Gregory scores four, Men's Lacrosse falls at Brockport
March 18, 2019 Men's Lacrosse receives votes in USILA Coaches Poll
March 16, 2019 Falcons down Beloit in a road MLC matchup
March 13, 2019 Early lead propels Men’s Lacrosse to MLC victory
March 9, 2019 Falcons come from behind in MLC win
March 1, 2019 Day scores five, Men’s Lacrosse cruises past Dubuque
February 26, 2019 Wohlford named MLC Defensive Player of the Week
February 26, 2019 Men's Lacrosse moves game vs. Dubuque to Friday at 2 pm
February 23, 2019 Falcons fall on the road to begin 2019 season
February 22, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse expecting success during 2019 season
February 13, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 13, 2019)
February 13, 2019 Men's Lacrosse vs. Olivet canceled
January 28, 2019 Men’s Lacrosse chosen to win title in MLC Preseason Poll
January 28, 2019 Leen named to Ireland Lacrosse roster
September 24, 2018 Men's Lacrosse announces captains for 2019 season