RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin ran away with an 18-1 MLC victory over Concordia Chicago on a sunny Thursday afternoon.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 18, Concordia Chicago 1
Location: Concordia Stadium (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 10-5, 6-1 MLC; Concordia Chicago 1-12, 0-6 MLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons blew the game wide open early on with six goals in the first quarter and eight more in the second to lead 14-0 by halftime. In all, 13 players found the back of the net and five scored twice.
- Concordia Wisconsin played five goalkeepers and junior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) took the win after making a save in 11 minutes of action.
- The Falcons held a 42-11 lead in shots, 34-14 advantage in ground balls and won 14-of-23 faceoffs. They also were a perfect 12-of-12 on clears.
- Freshman Ryan LeFebvre (Chicago, Ill.) scored the program's seventh man-down goal in program history after finding the net with 1:20 to play in the third quarter. Junior Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) ended with a career-high three assists.
- Jordan Loeffler scored the Cougars only goal, while Hunter Combe had three ground balls.
- Jack Liskey made eight saves in goal.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to MSOE for a Wednesday 7 pm MLC matchup.