MEQUON, Wis. – The seniors put on a show on both ends of the field during a Concordia Wisconsin 14-0 shutout victory over Monmouth during a cold Saturday afternoon at Fitting Field.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 14, Monmouth 0
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 7-5, 3-1 MLC; Monmouth 5-6, 2-3 MLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons blew the game wide open it the second quarter with eight goals to lead 11-0 at halftime and cruise the rest of the way. They were able to get 38 players in during the MLC contest.
- Overall, nine players found the back of the net and sophomore Taitum Priewe (Janesville, Wis.) led all players with a career-high three goals. Juniors Alex Hinkle (Cincinnati, Ohio) and Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) and freshman Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) each had two goals. Day also had three helpers in the win for a season-high five points and he also had two man-up goals.
- Defensively, the Falcons had 12 caused turnovers and sophomore Nathan Oekerman (Beaverton, Ore.) had two caused turnovers. Sophomore Ben Gramarossa (Smithtown, N.Y.) won 13-of-14 faceoffs and picked up four ground balls.
- Junior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) led a talented group of five goalkeepers who saw time between the pipes with three saves.
- The Falcons won 15-of-18 faceoff.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The shutout win was the eighth in program history.
- Concordia Wisconsin was 4-of-7 on man-up opportunities, which are tied for the seventh most in a game in program history.
- Hinkle's two goals were a career high, while senior Collin Kapinos (Palatine, Ill.) picked up a career-best four ground balls. Faceoff specialist Jack Melby (junior, Eagan, Minn.) netted the second golf of his career with 6:59 to play before halftime.
- Connor Armstrong led the Scots defensive efforts with three caused turnovers, while Ian Moles made eight saves in net.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to first-year program Marian for a 7 pm MLC match.