MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Concordia Wisconsin team took on Berry in an afternoon battle, as the Falcons made a push in the second period but the Vikings pulled away and were able to grab the 12-3 home victory.
Final Score: Berry 12, Concordia Wisconsin 3
Location: Mount Berry, Ga.
Records: Berry 6-2, Concordia Wisconsin 2-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Vikings took a 4-1 lead with 11:32 to go in the second period, but Concordia Wisconsin was able to respond to keep the game within two points, as freshman Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) scored to make it 4-2 in favor of Berry with 10:13 left to play in the second period.
- Down by two goals, the Falcons looked to tighten up the game but the Vikings scored three goals in a span of four minutes to take the momentum and build a commanding 7-2 lead going into halftime. The scoring didn't stop there for Berry, as they were able to fire in three more goals in the third period all coming within the first five minutes of the second half bring the score to 10-2 in favor of the Vikings.
- The fourth period saw much of the same results, as Berry continued to contain Concordia Wisconsin's offense. Junior Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) did find the back of the net with just over a minute remaining in the game to bring the score to 12-3 were it would remain for the rest of the contest.
- The Falcons saw goals from sophomore Warner Marquez (Danville, Calif.), Day and Gregory. Gregory was also able to record an assist and three ground balls on the afternoon. Concordia Wisconsin was held scoreless for 39 minutes of play which spanned from the second quarter all the way to just over a minute left in the fourth. The Falcons were 13-of-26 on clear attempts and recorded 15 shots on the day.
- Concordia Wisconsin will host Beloit on Saturday with the opening faceoff scheduled for 12:00 pm at Fitting Field.