BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Birmingham-Southern scored five goals in the opening quarter and Concordia Wisconsin was never able to recover on Sunday afternoon during an 11-7 contest at Krulak Stadium.
Final Score: Birmingham-Southern 11, Concordia Wisconsin 7
Location: Krulak Stadum (Birmingham, Ala.)
Records: Birmingham-Southern 6-2, Concordia Wisconsin 2-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin struck the scoreboard first in the non-conference game, but Birmingham-Southern answered with three goals in a row. The Falcons notched their second goal of the opening quarter, but, again, the Panthers would score three-consecutive goals to own a 6-2 advantage less than a minute-and-a-half into the second quarter.
- In the final 15 minutes of play Concordia Wisconsin got to within three goals, 8-5, before Birmingham-Southern tallied three scores in a row during a 68-second span.
- The Falcons did perform well on man-up chances, converting 2-of-5 opportunities including both of their chances in the first half. They were also 21-of-25 on the clear.
- Junior Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) had a trio of goals (two man-up), while four of his teammates found the back of the net. Junior Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.) recorded two assists.
- Senior Paul Fisher (Champlin, Minn.) ended with five ground balls and five caused turnovers. Junior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) made 11 saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Freshman Jacob Dubyak (Fairs Oak, Calif.) scored his first career goal with 11:37 to play in the game.
- Davis Thompson had three goals; while Peyton Taylor, Taylor Carson and Justin Dennis each scored twice. Dennis also had a trio of assists.
- Thompson also recorded two assists, six ground balls and two caused turnovers.
- Matt Quill made six saves in goal to earn the win.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin wraps up its spring break trip on Tuesday with a 12 pm CDT start at Berry.