DUBUQUE, Iowa – Aidan Connolly netted four goals and Concordia Wisconsin scored nine-straight markers en route to a commanding 10-2 non-conference victory on Saturday afternoon at Dubuque.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 10, Dubuque 2
Location: Oyen Field (Dubuque, Iowa)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-2, Dubuque 2-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was close for the first four minutes, with each team scoring a goal, but then junior Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.) tallied three goals in a row to push Concordia Wisconsin in front for good, as they never looked back.
- The Falcons offense fired 43 shots – 24 on goal – and tallied three man-up scores in the third period. They had double-digit shots in the first three quarters.
- While the offense was putting on a show, the defense clamped down and limited Dubuque to just 11 shots, while forcing 16 turnovers.
- Sophomore Ben Gramarossa (Smithtown, N.Y.) dominated the faceoff circle, winning 12-of-14 opportunities to give the Falcons possession often. Junior Mario Baregi (Champlin, Minn.) picked up a game-high five ground balls.
- Freshmen Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) and Donovan Harper (Yorba Linda, Calif.) each tallied a pair of goals, while two others Falcons recorded a marker. Day tallied a trio of assists and sophomore Warner Marquez (Danville, Calif.) helped on a pair of scores. Connolly ended with a career-high-tying four goals.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin has scored three man-up goals in two of its four games this season.
- Michael Julius scored both of the Spartans goals and Davis Behrns assisted on one of them.
- Kyle Mullins made 14 saves in net in a complete game effort.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will take a two-game spring break road trip south, first playing against Birmingham Southern on Sunday, March 11 at 12 pm before competing against Berry on March 13 at 12 pm.