MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin was unable to slow down John Carroll before each half, as the Blue Streak netted five goals in the second and fourth quarters en route to a 12-3 non-conference victory at Fitting Field.
Final Score: John Carroll 12, Concordia Wisconsin 3
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: John Carroll 1-0, Concordia Wisconsin 1-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was intense from the opening faceoff, but John Carroll found a way to take advantage of Concordia Wisconsin penalties in the second quarter. The Blue Streaks tallied two man-up goals within two minutes and 39 seconds, which was a part of a six-goal stretch that covered 16-plus minutes.
- The Falcons were never able to slow down the visitor's momentum, as they were outshot 35-27 and committed 18 turnovers.
- Junior Jack Donnellan (Grayslake, Ill.) and freshman Donovan Harper (Yorba Linda, Calif.) each scored a goal, while the Falcons received credit for a goal after John Carroll scored on itself on a defensive miscue.
- Sophomore Ethan Danz (Appleton, Wis.) had a game-high six ground balls, while senior Paul Fisher (Champlin, Minn.) caused a trio of turnovers. Junior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) made nine saves in the contest.
- Brendan Whitty and Skylar Blake each had four goals apiece, while Collin Rice scored twice for the Blue Streaks. Four players had three ground balls each for John Carroll.
- Jacob Betz made 10 saves in a complete game win.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Elmhurst on Wednesday at 3 pm in a non-conference game at Fitting Field.