MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team suffered another setback against Marian University, falling by a 3-1 score Saturday night at the Ozaukee Ice Center. The Falcons setback gave Marian a pair of wins over CUW this weekend and allowed the Sabres to jump the Falcons in the NCHA North standings.
- Final Score: Marian 3, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-6-1, 6-5-1 NCHA; Marian 9-7-1; 7-5-0 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- For the second straight night, Marian scored the only goal of the first period, building a 1-0 lead after 20 minutes of play. Curtis Lewington scored the first of his two goals with 2:49 remaining in the period putting the Falcons in a 1-0 deficit.
- Marian came out of the gates quickly in the second, scoring nine seconds into the period for a 2-0 lead. Lawson MacDonald had the goal for the Sabres. Lewington would then score at the 11:02 mark of the stanza for a 3-0 score.
- The Falcons lone goal came on the power play and was scored 12:55 into the second. Freshman Jake Switzer (Swansea, Ill.) netted the score, which was assisted by senior Brandt Weldon (The Pas, Manitoba) and freshman Dante Hahn (Victoria, British Columbia).
- Sophomore Jack Romanuik (Melfort, Saskatchewan) made 20 saves for CUW, while his counterpart, Mike Baldwin, stopped 23 shots for the Sabres. Both teams scored one power play goal, with CUW converting 1-of-4 chances and Marian going 1-for-3.
- CUW will visit UW-Stout for a non-conference game next Friday night. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m.