FOND DU LAC, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team was edged by Marian University Friday night in a road NCHA matchup. The Falcons battled the Sabres but couldn't come up with the equalizer, falling by a 2-1 score.
- Final Score: Marian 2, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Blue Line Family Ice Center – Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-5-1, 6-4-1 NCHA; Marian 8-7-1, 6-5 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sabres built a 1-0 lead 13:10 into the opening stanza on the game's only power play goal. Derek Perl tallied the score for Marian, coming off assists from Gianni Mangone and Hunter Stewart.
- The Falcons tied things up at 1-1 in the second on a goal from sophomore Adam Fauchoux (Prince Albert, Saskatchewan). Sophomore Nicholas Erb (London, Ontario) assisted on the Fauchoux goal, scored 6:35 into the second.
- The game-winning goal was scored just 1:26 after the equalizer as Marian's Jake Howie recorded an unassisted score. Neither team would light the lamp the rest of the way, resulting in a 2-1 final.
- Mike Baldwin made 30 saves for the Sabres as the Falcons ended the night with a 31-24 advantage in shots. Sophomore Jack Romanuik (Melfort, Saskatchewan) stopped 22 shots for CUW.
- Marian had a slight edge on special teams, scoring once in four power play chances. The Falcons were 0-for-3 on the power play.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The loss was just the second for the Falcons in their last eight games. It was also the second loss for CUW on the road this season, as they have an impressive 6-2-1 mark away from home.
- The Falcons will look for a series split with Marian tomorrow night as the two teams head to Mequon. Puck drop at the Ozaukee Ice Center is set for 7 p.m.