MEQUON, Wis. – Hockey season is upon us as the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team opens up at home Friday. The Falcons will host Lake Forest College, part of the annual Border Battle Series between the two teams. CUW will also visit Lake Forest for a game Saturday night.
- Who: Lake Forest (0-0, 0-0 NCHA) at Concordia Wisconsin (0-0, 0-0 NCHA)
- Where: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- When: Friday, October 28 (7 p.m.)
- Live Coverage: Live stats and video will be available for home hockey contests this season. Live links can be found by accessing the Men's Hockey Schedule page on CUWFalcons.com.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- A digital game program for Friday's opener can be found here. A one-page front and back program will be available at the admissions table Friday for $2. Fans can also access the digital game program at the rink for free by scanning a QR Code or visiting cuwfalcons.com/programs.
- The Falcons will be hosting a costume contest Friday night. Fans are encouraged the wear their best costumes and a winner will be announced during the second intermission.
- IN THE POLLS: The Falcons are receiving a vote in both national preseason polls. CUW finds itself in both the USCHO and the D3Hockey.com Preseason Poll. The Falcons were also tabbed fifth in the NCHA Preseason Coaches' Poll, while the Foresters were slotted eighth.
- BORDER BATTLE: The opening series will be for the Border Battle, a tradition now in its third season between the Falcons and Foresters. Lake Forest has captured the Border Battle Trophy two years in a row, winning last year's in a shootout after the teams split the two games.
- RETURNING SCORING: The Falcons return six of their top seven scorers from a season ago. Leading those returners is sophomore Stefen Seel, who tallied 20 points in his rookie campaign.
- NEW LEADERSHIP: The Falcons will have a new player wearing the "C" on their jersey for the first time in four years. Buster Hebda, a four-year team captain, graduated last spring and Tanner Bull steps in as the team captain this winter. Seniors Josh Herrington and David Haaf will serve as assistant captains for CUW.