DECATUR, Ill. -- Wyatt Wilderman had his best performance of the season tying for 13th at the difficult Take Back the Night Tournament, hosted by Millikin University, while Concordia Wisconsin finished eighth as a team at Red Tail Run Golf Club on Saturday.
Course: Red Tail Run Golf Club (par 72, 7,057 yards)
Team Finish: 8th of 19 (322-304 -- 626)
Falcon Individuals: Wyatt Wilderman (81-72 -- 153), Sam Schlosser (78-79 -- 157), Nate Benjamin (81-77 - 158), Andrew Otto (82-76 -- 158), Dylan Karvala (83-82 -- 165)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Wyatt Wilderman (Waukesha, Wis.), a transfer from Millikin, played his best golf of the season with a tie for 13th after shooting an 81-72 -- 153 total. His final round of E-par moved him up 24 spots on the leaderboard, with 104 golfers competing.
- Concordia Wisconsin ended in eighth place in a tournament that featured six teams ranked inside the top-100 of the latest GolfStat Team Rankings. They shot a 322-304 -- 625, which was the sixth lowest 36-hole total in program history.
- Junior Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) fired a 78-79 -- 157 to tied for 32nd, while sophomore Nate Benjamin (Tucson, Ariz.) ended with an 81-77 - 158 total and a tie for 34th.
- Junior Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) also tied for 34th with a 158 total (82-76) and sophomore Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with a 165 total (83-82).
- Illinois Wesleyan, who ranks third in the nation, won the tournament with a 589 total (300-289).
- Ben Johnson (Illinois Wesleyan) fired a 1-under par 36-hole total (74-68).
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to the Carthage Spring Invitational on Tuesday at Kenosha Country Club in Somers, Wisconsin.
June 11, 2019 Men's Golf takes step forward in 2018-19
April 28, 2019 Men's Golf slips to fourth at NACC Championships
April 23, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (April 23, 2019)
April 23, 2019 Men’s Golf shoots program record
April 20, 2019 Men's Golf places 8th at Take Back the Night Tournament
April 13, 2019 Men's Golf wins WLC Spring Invitational
April 7, 2019 Men's Golf excels at Marian Spring Invitational
April 4, 2019 Men's Golf takes fifth at Clarke Spring Invitational
March 30, 2019 Men's Golf shoots 36-hole program record
October 1, 2018 Men’s Golf competes at MSOE Invitational
September 23, 2018 Carlton takes fifth overall at WLC Fall Invitational
September 18, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (September 18, 2018)
September 15, 2018 Men's Golf represents at Midwest Region Fall Classic
September 8, 2018 Men’s Golf competes at Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament
August 31, 2018 Falcons open up season at Culver's Edgewood Fall Classic
August 28, 2018 #CUWStatsInfo: Men's Golf ready to take next step in 2018