LAKE GENEVA, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin used the MSOE Invitational as one last chance to sharpen its game and finalize its lineup for the upcoming NACC Championship. The Falcons placed sixth as a team and Nate Benjamin led the lineup with a t14th finish.
Course: Grand Geneva Resort (The Highlands – par 71, 6,659 yards; The Brute – par 72, 6,554 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 6th of 16 (310-308 – 618)
Falcon Individuals: Nate Benjamin (74-77 – 151), Jacob Tenlen (76-77 – 153), Jordan Carlton (80-77 – 157), Bailey VanHandel (81-77 – 158), Dylan Karvala (80-80 -160)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin fired a 310 during the opening round and added a 308 on Monday to finish in sixth place on the team leaderboard. The 308 score was tied for the 10th lowest round in program history.
- Sophomore Nate Benjamin (Tucson, Ariz.) fired a 74-77 (151) to finish 8-over par and in a tie for 14th to lead the Falcons. He had five birdies throughout his two rounds and sank 23 pars.
- Senior Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) ended in a tie for 22nd after shooting a 153 total (76-77), which included a trio of birdies and 21 pars. Freshman Jordan Carlton (Kewaskum, Wis.) moved up the leaderboard 11 spots to finish in a tie for 31st after signing for a 157 total (80-77). He had four birdies to his credit.
- Senior Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) improved four shots from the opening round to Monday and carded a 158 total (81-77). He drained one birdie and 22 par putts. Sophomore Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) rounded out the lineup after shooting 80s in both rounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will enter the NACC Championship on Sunday at The Irish Course in Kohler, Wisconsin. CUW is the host for the first two rounds of the championship.